Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Seeking Humbleness and Daily Challenge

Devotion: Are we Humble enough with Each other? "With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love." ~ Ephesians 4:2. How humble are you? Some days I have to admit that I am not as humble as I need or should be and that is when I have to turn to the word and remind myself of God’s directions as to humility and love for one another. In Ephesians we are being ...challenge to do three things,
1. Be humble with each other
2. Be Gentle with each other
3. And to love each other
These can present challenges to us on a daily basis because let’s face it we are dealing with each other as human beings not perfect beings. To consider ourselves lowly seems to be contradictory to our very nature, but look to Jesus’ example, he who was the son of God, had so much to be proud of, and could have place himself above us all, yet he made himself low amongst us to the point of washing the disciples feet, he did not consort with earthly kings and queens, but instead choose to mingle with the common people, the fishermen, tax-collectors, prostitutes, etc and all without judgment. As Christians, we should never be so proud of ourselves to the extent that place ourselves over others, but should always consider ourselves as lowly and always servants to others without judgment. We should not be boastful of our good works, and must be respectful of each other. As Christians we must ‘bear’ with one another. Just because we are Christians does not mean we are not without faults, some of us are constant critics, worriers, whiners, know it alls, complainers, obnoxious, irritating and the list goes on, However, while we may consider some faults more ‘serious’ than others, we are being instructed that we must still love each other despite those faults. We don’t get to be judgmental or condescending, or snobbish just because we say we are Christians. If we truly have accepted God into our lives and hearts and strive to live with a Christ attitude daily, then we would live according to his instructions to love one another just as HE HAS LOVED US! The more we keep the command to be humble, gentle and love each other, the more we will overlook each other faults, the easier it becomes to live with each other in community and do what’s best for us all. Be blessed.



Daily Motivation: Letting go of fear and accepting ourselves for who we are and who God created us to be is perhaps one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves.  So some of us are never going to be rocket scientists, or models, or doctors, or social workers, or the best speakers, writers, motivators, whatever.  God has given you your own unique talents that is precious and infinitely valuable to the world.  Don't discount yourself and your value to the world because you are constantly comparing yourselves to others. Don't let fear of the unknown keep you for reaching the greatest potential that God has in store for you.  This is something that we must all remind ourselves daily when we wake up and are blessed with another day to go out and make a difference not just in the world but in ourselves. 

Expectations: Live up to the expecatations you have of yourself and the ones God has for you.  God's expectations are simple, Love him, Love others as he loves us and Love ourselves for the masterpiece that he has created us to be! Doing something remarkable each day is not about making a million dollars, or become rich and famous and getting accolades for great works; it can be as simple as getting out of bed each morning and facing your fears head on each morning and conquering them one by one rather than allowing them to conquer you!.

Live - Don't just exist.  We only live once so why not enjoy the life we have been blessed with rather than just existing day by day to get through.  Live through your circumstances, don't allow your circumstances to live through you.

My morning workout - I got up this morning after aruguing with myself about whether or not I wanted to do my workout early in the morning or when I got home from work this afternoon. Well obviously my more practical side won and I headed for my treadmill do to a Hill interval workout (giving outdoors a rest:) It was a 40 minute workout and I got in 2.76 miles so that brings my total mileage for the week to just a hair under 10 miles.. yippee.. The FB challege was to do a minimum of 10-12 miles for runners and I would say that I am almost there at the midweek point!!  Next I did 100 jump rope skips and then 10 burpees to complete my workout and let me tell you I was dripping sweat but then my practical side stuck its tongue out and said.. nahnananana.. told you so.. becuase I felt so much better getting it done with early.  I do plan on getting in a 30 min weight workout after work though. 



 Last night I did prep my meals for the week and here they are
1 cup Quinoa (precooked on Sunday)
1/2 cup Chickpea
1 cup mixed veggies (corn, zucchini, carrots, beans)
1 ounce Organic veggie chips (HEB bulk aisle)
2 cups fresh pineapple
1 plum (it was tasty...)
1 LaraBar
1 can All Natural Coconut Water.

It doesn't look like a lot of food until you write it down and then eat it, believe it or not, weighing and measuring your food portions really makes a difference in HOW you perceive your food choices and the amount of food that you eat.  This will more than keep me satisfied all day long because I will be eating at regular 2-3 hour intervals. 

 Yesterday I tried two new recipes that I made up :) did i mention I hate following recipes.. LOL
This is a Mango Chutney and Chickpea - Spinach wrap .. sort of.
Sweet and Spicy Mango Chutney,
1/2 cup Steamed vegetables,
 1/2 cup bugler,
1 spinach wrap,
 1/2 cup chick pea,
2 tablespoon mango Chutney.
Another meatless meal for Dinner! it tasted great, the mango chutney gave it that extra zing right where I needed.  This was my first time eating chickpeas so I needed a familiar taste on my palate to ease the transition :)


For Lunch I had Vegetable Pasta in Alfredo Sauce
 2/3 cup vegetable pasta (pre cooked on Sunday)
1 cup market blend vegetables,
 1/4 cup Alfredo sauce,
 1 ripe mango

Heat up the Vegetables on the stovetop in about 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce (organic if possible) for about 5 minutes.
Add in about 1/2 cup of organic vegetable Pasta and allow to thoroughly heat through for about 5 minutes, stirring constanly to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and serve.


6/27/12 Challege - Are you guys ready for the next daily challenge?

1. Walk for at least 30 minutes + 10 burpees (Do modified versions if needed or substitute squat thrusts if unable to do a burpee)






2. Don’t add salt to anything that you consume today

3. Motivation: Read Exodus 34:21 “You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but on the seventh day you must stop working, even during... the seasons of plowing and harvest” Apply this passage to your health and fitness journey, do you have a rest day? Do we become so consumed with exercising daily that we forget to give our bodies a rest? Write down why it’s important for you to have a rest day. Write down your weekly workout routine and include a mandatory rest day. It is very important to allow our bodies, mind and spirit that time to heal, recharge and connect with God and ourselves
Have a safe, blessed day. (JJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment