Thursday, June 28, 2012

Worshiping God- You mean I can do it all day? & Daily Challege

Devotion: Worshiping God: Psalm 95:6 “Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!” Praising God should be an everyday thing in our lives. When we get up each morning we should wake up not thinking about how much we have to accomplish that day, or what happened the day before; rather we should awaken with thanksgiving and praise on our lips to our living God. Throughout our day we should be worshiping God and singing his praise and it doesn’t matter where we are or what we are doing. Think about it, we could be washing dishes, doing laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping, sitting at our desks, going for a jog, lifting weights , or sitting quietly for a moment and during all of those times and more we should be worshiping God. God doesn’t’ want us to wait for a ‘special occasion’ to worship him, it’s not about going to church and singing worship songs, it’s about the sincerity of our hearts, the heartfelt words that comes from the deepest parts of our hearts and souls and reaches the ears of our Heavenly Father. How do you feel about worshiping God? Do you feel as if it has to be done only in Church? I know that's how I was taught and thought for a long time.  However, worshipping God is not about it being in a special place and only at a special time, it's not about a popularity contest to see who can do it the longest, the loudest and the most eloquent.  It’s not about doing it out so others will so what a good Christian woman or man you are, it’s about taking delight in being in God’s presence and welcoming God into our lives and being so grateful at his acceptance of us as sinners into his presence. Have a blessed day.


Daily Motivation: There are days when you just have to pull your big girl undies up and just do what needs to be done, even while all the while you are quaking in your boots and the fear of failure is threatening to overwhelm you. Then a surprising things happens, FEAR takes a BACKSEAT, and you find out that SUCCESS has been waiting for you to just TRY all along. 


Belief+Faith+Positive Energy/Attitude = Postitive Results.  Sometimes it may not be the results you wer expecting, but if you keep a postitive mentality and keep having faith in God and in yourself, then all things will workout in God's time and for the plan that God has for your life. Sometimes it's very hard to remember that, because we like to to be in command of our own destiny, in fact there are thousands of self-help books instructing us on how to do that. However, there can only be one person in command of our lives and that is GOD. Once we acknowledge that he is in control, we can follow his plans for our lives with faith that all will work out as planned, even through the struggles, turmoils and lean seasons of life.


Lunch yesterday was
1 Cup  Quinoa,
1/2 Cup Gabanzo beans
1 cup mixed veggies
1 24 oz bottle water
So far, so good on the week challenge of no meat!!
Dinner: Earth Bound Farm Blueberry Quinoa protein balance salad.
Quinoa,
baby spinach,
sunflower seeds,
 dried blueberries.
No dressing.. I don't like dressings :)
It was actually very tasty, which surprised me because I am not a fan of blueberries (dried) I eat the fresh one after being introduced by a co-worker a couple of months ago and they are eehhh.. but not a true fan as I am of say.. MANGO!!!. I did add some Mango chutney to the mix for some extra zing and it made it that much better.
LUNCH/SNACK PREP
This is my lunch and snacks for today that I prepared last night.  I am still loving getting my food ready the night before; it has really made my life so much easier and I am finding that I make much healthier choices rather than when I was doing the grab and go method in the morning :)
 1 flat out wrap,
1 oz spicy three pepper hummus,
 1/2 oz cashew,
1/4 cup Gabanzo beans ( for wrap),
 1 boiled ripe plantain,
 2 cups mixed veggies,
 1 plum,
 1 cup cherries,
 1 Thinkthin Bar.



My morning workout, was a 4.43 mile run  and it was a hot morning.  Last night when I got home I did do a 30 minute KCM light weight dvd to get some strength training in for the week so that was good and then did 20 bicycle crunches, 10 burpees and 20 reverse crunches.  I am not sure what I am going to do when I get home tonight, but I feel the need to stretch so probably some Yoga is on deck. It has feel really great to get back into the swing of runing in the mornings. I had not realized how much I missed my hour of running until I started doing them this week.  I need to get back to being more diligent about getting in at least 3-4 early morning runs per week.
Mini- Challenge
  1. Mini 10 challenge: 10 squats, 10 pushups, 10 mountain climbers, 10 planks with leg lifts and 10 front kicks (each leg) this is the toughest challenge for the week :)

Planks with Glute Lift Demo

Mountain Climbers Demo


Front Kicks Demo

 2. Eat at minimum 8-10 servings of fruits and vegetables throughout the day – no exceptions.

3. Motivation: Study this verse “ Then Jesus told him, “I entered this world to render judgment – to give sight to... the blind and to show those who think they see that they are blind.” John 9:39. Apply this passage to any situation in your life where you thought you knew the truth of what was going on but in fact you were clueless/blind. Why were you “blind” in that situation? As a Christian do you consider yourself all seeing or still blind to many situations? What do you need to do to change from being a blind Christian to one who can “see” ?

No comments:

Post a Comment