Sunday, July 15, 2012

Experience the Glory of God in all that you Do.

Devotion: Experiencing the Glory of God: 

We must believe, we must believe, we must believe. God saved us through the sacrifice of his son, not because we did anything to deserve it, but because he loved us enough to want to save us. Now all we have to do is believe so that we can see and experience the full Glory of God. Looking back, I have to laugh at myself because for a long time I thought that when I ‘saw’ the glory of God it was going to be this grand event that I would instantly know. It took me awhile to realize that my belief in God was the first glorious event that occurred, simply because I made that choice to follow after God rather than after the world. Then I have to think that the Glory of God is experienced in the minutest of ways. It could be simply making it through a tough day at work, going from being stressed all the time to being able to enjoy the hugs of our children, or maybe it’s when we no longer feel lonely in a roomful of people because God keep us company.
When we believe, we crave God’s presence and his word and that craving leads us to start experiencing God’s glory in the everyday things that go on around us. We can start accepting our bodies, we can start loving ourselves, we can start accepting and loving each other, we can start doing good deeds to honor God; we can experience transformation of our lives through the word of God. The Glory of God is revealed through the feeding of our souls by the Word of God and through the works that we do for each other. We are not all going to be great messengers travelling the world to bring God’s words to the unreached nor we are not going to have TV shows or be great Evangelists, but we are all disciples and we can experience God’s glory by believing and having that reflected in the way we live our lives. We can be disciples and share the word of God by forming strong communities of Christians no matter our religions or creeds. We can experience the Glory of God by desiring to live in his presence every single day and have the light of God being reflected from us from the inside out. We can experience the Glory of God by meeting him during our devotional time, during our reading of the scripture. Let’s take the first step every day we awaken and continue believing in our Heavenly Father so that we may fully experience the Glory of God here on earth daily.


In everything that you do, train meaner to reach your goals, eat healthier and cleaner to nourish your bodies and pray harder to feed your soul. It's very important to treat all aspects of our bodies, minds and spirits along this journey because they are all connected.  

Motivation: In order to get the rewards you must do the work, there's no way else to say it.  The reward is that much sweeter when we have earned it with every drop of sweat, each tear along the way, every painful step, each sore muscle, every time we wanted to give up but got that second wind and kept on going.

 Quick grocery Haul:
 Organic brown rice and Wakame noodles, 100% organic buckwheat noodles, 
quinoa garden pagodas, 
Quinoa Pasta (spaghetti), 
Tuna coastal cuisine with brown rice, these I am going to take to work and keep there for those days when I am on the run and lunch is a distant memory.. I don't want another day going by where I forget to eat lunch because I am to busy.  
 Smoothie Packets anyone :). Just finished putting together my smoothie packets for freezing. There's nothing like fresh, homemade protein smoothies :):). Mangos, carrots, watermelon, spinach, plums, peaches, papaya, red apples, green apples, avocados, broccoli. All in those packets. these had quite the reaction on my FB page :) I've been doing these for a little while now but this is the first time I have posted a bulk picture of that I do. It's really great making up these smoothie packets on the weekend and then freezing them.  Grabbing one out of the Freezer in the morning and putting in the ninja with veggies and Greek Yogurt or protein powder is an awesome way to get a nutritious and delicious morning meal. 
 I also prepped  some of my food for the week. 
Slow cooked steel cut oats with cranberries, almond milk, chai seeds and coconut oil.
2.  Wilted Mustard Greens with tomatoes, onions and black pepper, 
3. slow cooked black eye peas in coconut milk and black pepper and finally curried long grain brown and wild rice.
Thankfully I have two slow cookers so I was able to make both the black eye peas and the steel cut oats at the same time and save myself alot of time today.  This will last me all week and I can just add in the proteins such as my tilapia, tuna, salmon, or chicken along the way. 
Lunch & snacks for tomorrow: 
1 cup stewed black eyed peas,
 2 cups wilted mustard greens,
 3 oz tilapia, 
1/2 cup curried brown and wild rice,
 2 cups watermelon, 
1 babybel cheese,
 1 Larabar, 
1 pouch tuna in water 
 Yesterday I got in a 5.7 mile run, the first long run I've been able to do outside in almost 3 weeks. It felt totally great to be outside running.  I took it slow and easy and kept reminding myself that I wasn't in a race.  I then came home and got some weights in, did some deadlifts with the barbell, some shoulder presses and deadlift to shoulder presses.  It was a long workout, totaled out about 90 minutes or so, but I manged to tough it out and made it through. 
 
Tonight I tried a new recipe and green. I bought some Green mustard and now I decided to try it out for the first time.  First I sauteed 
1/2 onion
1 tomato
1 banana pepper 
in 2 tsp of coconut oil.   
 Then I cut off all the stems of the mustard greens then tore the leaves into smaller pieces.  
I put 2 tablespoon of powdered Organic vegetable/chicken stock into the sauteed mixture above and added about 1/3 cup of water. 

Next I added in the Mustard Greens to the saute and stock mixture and allowed it to simmer until the mustard green was wilted, about 4-5 minutes. 

Remove from heat and serve or in my case into a casserole dish to serve up later.  

I did also add extra seasonings to this recipe. 
I seasoned it with

1tsp blck pepper 
1 tsp Ginger 
this was just for an extra zing :)






7/16/12: Daily Challenge A - Ministering to Each other.

1. Complete 10 squats, 20 side lunges (10 each side) 5 standing calf raises, 20 lunges, 10 one leg calf raises (each leg), 10 prisoner squats.

2. Watch your sodium intake today, avoid foods with added sodium and don’t add any more salt/sodium to your foods today. 

3. Read and pour over “As every man has received the gift, even so minister the same to one another, as Good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” This verse indicates that we are to minister to each other as stewards of God’s grace. As we receive God’s forgiveness, mercy and Grace, we are not supposed to hoard it for ourselves, we are to pass it along to others allowing God to work in and through us. It is a wonderful gift indeed to be used by God to minister to others. Many of us may feel that we are not equipped to do so, and I know that I for one feel that way; however, it’s not about being 100 percent well versed in the bible or knowing all the answers, it’s about passing along the forgiveness we received, being merciful to others, living a life that’s worthy of Christ, meeting the needs of those less fortunate than we are, being willing to go out on a limb and do something for someone else even when we are not sure what the heck we are doing :), it's about having faith that God will direct us exactly in the path we will take to see to the needs of others.

a. In your health and fitness journey consider how you can minster to someone else who is just beginning their journey? Do you have a friend or family member who may need your helping hand?
b. If you are just beginning your journey, write down what you need to do or be in order to be successful in your journey and how you can seek out a Christian friend or a trainer to help you meet those needs.
c. Write down 5 things you can do this week to minister to others even in the smallest way possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment