Deuteronomy 6:1-9: do you put God first? There's a popular post on Pinterest that lists the minutes in a day and let's you know that 30 minutes to exercise is only a fraction of those minutes. With our busy daily schedules do we take care of everything and everyone first before giving God what's left or are we prioritizing time with God? These verses are clear, we are to love God with our entire heart and soul, everything we do must be centered around loving God. Instead of trying to fit God into our schedules, we should start our day WITH God, giving him the first fruits of our day and then let Him be our guide throughout our day. We must Study God's word, teach it to our children, carry it with us throughout the day, practice it in our daily life, and let God work. Are you putting God FIRST daily? What are you doing to show God he is your Everything?
LisaRenee from https://www.facebook.com/fountainofhealthforplanthappypeople?fref=ts and I will be doing the Daniel Plan over the next month. It's a hybrid for me because I will be eliminating all meats except for fish and will not be consuming whole grains for health reasons. Applying a hybrid Daniel Plan/Fast for the next month both spiritually and physically I am looking forward to what God has in store for me as he does daily.
Combining the dietary information from the both the Daniel Plan by Saddleback Church and the Daniel Fast and over the next month embarking on a spiritual journey. I like the four essential elements of quiet time from Pastor Rick Warren
1. Start with the proper attitude
2. Select a specific time
3. Chose a special place
4. Follow a simple plan.
Starting this on February 1st comes at a perfect time with the bible study group that just started to get even deeper into God's word and opening myself for God to show me the direction he would have me to go and demonstrating a willingness to obey. This is about stopping the busy work and taking the time to concentrate on God only, giving my time and attention only to God for that specified time and letting him reveal himself in, to and through me. This means I will have to reorganize my exercise time so I can take that time of day when I am freshest and give to God. With the passing of my grandmother, I believe that this time of reflections and dedication to God will no doubt help to heal some of the wounds that were created after her passing. There were events that occurred after her passing that I need to let go off, that I need to turn over to God and be cleansed off. We planned to do this several weeks prior to my Grandmother's passing and God in his infinite wisdom was certainly preparing me for her passing and hurts that were to come that he knew I would need healing from. PRAISING GOD FOR HIS INFINITE LOVE AND WISDOM and for putting it on LisaRenee's heart to ask me to do this with her!.
A few links that I will be referencing throughout the next month for recipes, ideas etc from both the Daniel Plan and the Fast.
Spiritual Assessment: http://danielplan.com/toolsandresources/healthassessment/
Recommended Foods on Daniel Plan: http://danielplan.com/healthyhabits/recommendedfoods/
Daniel Fast food list: http://danielfast.wordpress.com/daniel-fast-food-list/
What are your physical and spiritual Goals for the upcoming week? Have you prayed about them, don't forget to spend some time with God daily. Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."It only takes a minute, one sincere and earnest minute to step into God's presence and thank him for all he has done for us. Have you taken that time today to be WITH God? 1 Corinthians 3:16 "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?" We are HIS Temple, he dwells within us, let's take a few minutes today and love God, I mean let's really love on God, give him praise him, thank him, honor him and savor being his valued and most treasured children.
Devotional Calendar for February
Workout calendar for February
The challenge for February is going to be an abs challenge, moving up from the legs to the mid-section. I hope you all enjoy :)
Morning Smoothie: frozen carrots, pineapple and mango chunks, banana, 3/4 fresh avocado, frozen watermelon, and grapes, 1 tbs flax meal, tsp chia seeds and 8 oz water. Blend all ingredients and yummms
Morning Smoothie: A carrot and Ginger day: 1 medium carrot frozen, 1/2 frozen apple, 1 cup frozen pineapple, 1.5 cup spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, 2 thin slices fresh ginger. Blend greens and ginger first, then add frozen fruitsMorning smoothie: Zico coconut water. 1 cup frozen watermelon, 1 cup papaya, 1 cup frozen pineapple and frozen mango chunks, 1 cup steamed cauliflower. Blended all ingredients together.
1 cup frozen peaches, frozen sweet cherries and 1 frozen mango, 1.5 cup fresh spinach with 8 oz water. Blend spinach then add fruits.











No comments:
Post a Comment