Sunday, April 22, 2012

Gluten Free Cherry-Strawberry Cakebread

GLUTEN FREE CHERRY-STRAWBERRY CAKE BREAD.
Today was a great day or a baking project so I decided to experimet a little with some organic preserves I had in my pantry.  I think I've mentioned before how much I love baking with Gluten Free mix and my local grocery store had the Bob's Red Mill GF cake mix on sale so I snatched a couple of packages up for baking projects. 


1. Beat the 3 eggs in a large bowls for 30 seconds at low speed.





2. Add the Gluten Free mix to the egg Mixture


3. Add 1/2 cup vegetable or Canola Oil and 1/2 cup water to the mixture and beat  the entire mixture for 2 minutes at medium speed.   


4. With my mother visiting from Canada, I was fortunate to get some mixed essence from the Caribbean to add to the cake mixture, so I added 2 teaspoonful ( add 2 teaspoonfull Vanilla extract) blend for 15 seconds.

5. Add 1/2 cup each of All Fruit Black Cherry with Fiber spread (sugar free) and Organic Strawberry Preserves to the mixture and blend for 30-45 seconds. 

6. Prepare baking dish(es) and pour mixture into desired pan or pans.  Bake according to directions on package.  I backed this loaf for 60 minutes at 400 degrees. 

The final product turned out great.  I tested it at 45 minutes but it was still soupy on the inside, so I monitored it for another 25 minutes until it was done. I love having the essence from the Caribbean to add to my baking, it gives it that extra kick that I have missed so much :) . The Cherry preserves with the larger pieces gave it a much needed sweetness. 

 The final product was enjoyed by one and all at home, and will be shared with my "tasters" at the office tomorrow who demand I bring some to them.  Below I put all the ingredients together on a recipe card for sharing, hope you all enjoy the recipe and the final product. :)

Recipe Card - Gluten Free Cherry- Strawberry Cake Bread



No comments:

Post a Comment