- Admitting When we are wrong: Ephesians 4:25 "Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another." Let me just say I am not a fan of admitting when I am wrong, especially when I have to tell my daughter, she was right and I was wrong. However, I love it when she admits that I was right :) It's not right, it's not polite bu...
t it's human. In the past when I found out I was wrong I was very reluctant to admit it to that person and would think to myself, well they will find out sooner or later anyway so why bother? However, as I have grown older, matured, become a parent, and most of all started really communicating with God and reading his word, I realized that my approach was completely inappropriate. We are to deal with each other honestly just as we are to deal with God honestly. When we find that we are mistaken, then we must take the time to correct our mistakes, go to that person and correct that mistake. I remember from the time my daughter was very young I always told her that if she got into trouble she would be disciplined, but if she got into trouble and didn't tell me about it or lied about it and I had to find out from someone else, then her discipline would be twice what it probably would have been other than if she had just told me in the first place. That rule still applies to this day and I have had to apply that rule to myself and God. Now does God know and see what I do when I do it, Of course he does, however, I must go to God and confess, but I must also go to my brother or sister, my co-worker, my boss, or whomever has been wronged and let them know, I made a mistake and I accept the consequences. Sometimes we make innocent mistakes, or inadvertent mistakes that could be easily dealt with , however, because we try to hide it, cover it up, lie about it, etc we make the situation worse.I must say that this quote touched me because I have prayed many times for success. But after reading and re-reading this, I can see where I need to be praying for faithfulness. When we pray for faithfulness, to remain committed to the task no matter the obstacles, difficulties or trials that we face, we persevere, we stand firm with God's strength to back us up and if it is God's will, Success WILL be ours. It's amazing what taking some time to really think about what it is we are reading and what it is we are praying for, how God can really open up our hearts and minds and reveal to us where the desires of our hearts really lie and what we need to change from the inside out, rather than from the outside in.
God, I pray today that we would deal openly and honestly with each other. When we make mistakes, may be we able to go to each other in love and understanding and confess to each other our mistakes, and misunderstandings. May we have open, willing, obedient hearts to Word, to your Love, and to your guidance in our lives. May we have always remember that we are all members of the same body and act accordingly in love, truth and honesty with each other.
Living a life of fear gets our nowhere fast. When we live a life of fear, failing to truly live life because we are afraid of failing, or of messing up or of not being perfect, we miss out on the awesome Life that God has planned for us. Life is meant to be lived and that means making mistakes, admitting them, learning from them, growing from them and moving on. We become so much more richer in experience and connection with ourselves, each other and with God when we LIVE.
- Mango,1.5 cups sautéed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli and carrots) and 5.5 oz salmonThis past week I have been focused on eating more protein and veggies and it's been all about portion control. That will be the theme of my meals over the next few months. I am determined to stick with it so that i will reach my goals. However, even if I don't reach my goal by the target date, i will have the satisfaction of knowing that I put forth my best efforts and i am getting healthier in the process!!This morning I was supposed to complete the fit-test for the fitness Blender bootcamp and do a 2 mile run. However, the best laid plans often get way-laid :). I woke up this morning with a burning swollen throat, a low grade fever and my asthma rearing it's ugly head. Many times in the past I would have pushed through, but I am decided today to be wise and not do that to my body. Instead it ended up being a complete rest day. It was not a very good day after lunch because my appetite fled; but I did end the day with a double english muffin and almond butter and that was about all I could stomach.
- Congrats to Gabby Douglas, her family, coaches and Team USA. I love that even at such a tender age Gabrielle KNOWS her God and that from him all good things come. In her interviews she has stated “And I give all the glory to God,” she sai...
d. “It's kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to Him and the blessings fall down on me.” and in a post-win interview said that “all the glory” for her win goes “to God.” She also tweeted her thanks to God, stressing “may I never forget the good things he does for me.” Amen to that!I saw this on tumblr and the one thing that gave me pause was the molasses.. whaaaat?? so I went and did my own research and sure enough, molasses is apparently a great source of iron and other minerals and can be used to avert anemia!!! who knew..
- Molasses - "Molasses is an excellent source of iron, calcium, copper, and manganese. One tbs of molasses consumed daily can help prevent anemia by replenishing iron sto
- res". - wow!! also from HolisticMD "Eat a proper diet. Make sure to follow the food plate, and get enough servings of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, proteins and dairy on a daily basis. The foods that you eat effect the production of your blood cells, so make sure to eat plenty of nutrients. If you’re feeling particularly weak and need a quick boost to keep anemia from getting the best of you, eating molasses, spinach, and sunflower seeds will help immensely. All three of these contain plenty of iron, vitamins B and E, and other necessary minerals."
Daily Challenge:
- Calling Home - to God
1. Complete a 1-2 mile run or walk + 20 frog squats, 25 crunches, 15 pushups.
2. Carry a filled water bottle with you everywhere you go; make sure that you are staying properly hydrated.
3. Consider this quo...
te " Prayer is kind of like calling home everyday" Barbara Johnson. I know that throughout the day I get multiple texts or phone calls from my daughter she usually had lots to say and even if I am in the middle of a case she expects me to listen. The fact of the matter is, she is comfortable and at ease enough in our relationship to pick up the phone at anytime and call! How often do you casually pick up the phone and call a friend, or call home, or a co-worker etc. What if we applied not the casualness but the ease of being able to call home to God several times a day through prayer. No big production, no special preparation, no special clothing or setting, just taking several minutes throughout our day to call home and speak to God.
1. How do you feel about the idea of praying to God several times a day? (as a chore or a blessing to be able to do it?)
2. How do you think it can change your spiritual life if praying throughout out the day became a regular genuine practice?
- Remember "Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict." William Ellery Channing. No matter what difficulties we may face, we have a bigger, stronger more wonderful God on our side.
Dedicated to friends and family and anyone who is starting or already walking their way to a healthier lifestyle. Please feel free to drop me a line or two at any time; feel free to comment on anything you see or want to see on this blog. Let's get motivated together! Email: godinfitness@yahoo.com, you can also come join our facebook community at www.facebook.com/godinfitness
Friday, August 3, 2012
Admitting our wrongs to each other and God
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment