Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Renewal of our spirits

Devotion: "That is why we never up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day." 2 Corinthians 4:16 Have you ever wondered how some people who are going through some of the most horrific circumstances can still have such a joyful outlook on life? I used to look at these people and wonder what was wrong with them. Now I as continue to develop and hopefully grow in my re
lationship with God, I begin to get a better understanding of what was RIGHT with them. They never gave up on God, they never gave up believing that everything was being done for God's glory, they never gave up believing that God would deliver them.
I want that mindset, I want that to be my attitude every single day. Every single day that we are blessed with another chance to be a blessing to others, we should begin it thanking God for his grace, his mercy and his love. God has provided us with everything we need in order to rise above our daily circumstances but sometimes we forget that and instead our circumstances tend to rise above us. When we remember that our God IS the truth, the way and the light, we can wake up each morning rejoicing and ready to face whatever comes our way. We die just a little each day because let face it, we are getting older, HOWEVER, we also live just a little longer because of our relationship with God. When we choose to remain close to him, when we chose to continue looking on the brighter side of life, to focus on allowing God to lead, our spirit is renewed daily and we mature, we grow, we can take the necessary steps to truly experiencing the life God has planned for us.

God, thank you for being more powerful than my problems. Thank you for being so faithful in my life and for showing me time and time again that as long as I have faith and believe in your plan for my life, your will be done. All the honor, glory and praise is yours every day of our life God because through you all things are possible and our souls recognizes that and rejoices even in the midst of the trials we face. Thank you for your faithfulness.



Into every life a little rain must fall right.. well we can either dance in the rain, run through the rain, complain about the rain or allow the rain to ruin our day.  Every day we have been blessed with we have the opportunity to say first and foremost a thank you to God and ask for his guidance on how to make it through that day and go out and make the most of whatever we face that day. OR, we can allow the trials, the circumstances, the pettiness, the mistakes and everything else control us. The choice is always ours how we choose to start and end our day.  

This picture from Nike just makes me smile and it also makes me feel a little ashamed of myself sometimes for complaining about a little boo-boo. It truly reflects not allowing a major impairment, a catastrophe keep you down.  When things in life happen that most of us would consider to be the end of an 'ORDINARY' life, that is the time, the opportunity that we have to say thank you to God and go out and make and EXTRAORDINARY LIFE!!

Today's word is B and I chose Bok Choy. When my mom was visiting she told me about eating bok choy almost everyday and how much she loved it. For the newcomers, my mom is one of my inspirations on this journey to being fit and healthy beca
use at 68 she has lost over 40lbs in the past year all from changing her eating habits. Just doing that she has been able to be off her blood pressure medication and see a drastic improvement in her overall health. So this Bok Choy post is for her :)


This is a great Caribbean Salsa that can be made fresh or can be cooked and stored. When I make it, I usually pair it with salmon and it turns out awesome. 


The health benefits of eating the colors of the rainbow.  I have to say that even though I am still not a lover of vegetables, I am certainly learning to tolerate it and have a genuine appreciation of the many benefits that they offer that I was previously missing out on.  Source:   https://www.facebook.com/succeedatfitness  

I have not done my motivational promises in a while and I need to get back on track with those.  Not that I haven't been doing them, but something about putting them in writing and posting them helps keep me accountable :)  This is my upcoming promises for the Week ahead.  
This morning I was still fretting about not being able to workout yesterday and not being able to run this morning because my asthma was still acting up.  Then I read the verse from Matthew  6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" It really convicted me of the fact that I should not be worrying about what has already happened because it cannot be changed and so what if I couldn't run outside, I had tons of workouts i could do inside.  So I decided to do Cathe's Meso Cycle 1 Legs and I pretty much burned as much calories as if i had gone for a run:)

8/4/12: Daily Challenge - God Prays for us

1. Lets never forget to tell the ones we love how much they mean to us. Spend time with God today expressing how he has influenced your life. Let's make today all about praising God, worshiping him, not asking for anything for us, but asking God to show us how WE can serve HIM. 

2. Read and pour over “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakn

ess. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.”
Just as God hears us when we pray for others, isn’t it a relief to know that we have the Holy Spirit also interceding to God on our behalf. How often are we wanting to pray, cry out but we just don’t have to words and we become afraid that if we don’t say it out loud that God won’t hear us and we won’t be delivered. Well, God knows our weaknesses, and the spirit is here to help us overcome those weakness and pray for us when we are unable to pray for ourselves.
A.Knowing that God dwells in us in the form of the Holy Spirit, how does it feel to know that God himself is praying for us in our moments of weaknesses?
B. What can you do today to be more proactive in your prayer life?

No comments:

Post a Comment